Root canal therapy has a reputation for being a painful and daunting procedure, but it’s a safe and effective way to save a damaged tooth. Root canal therapy is the most common endodontic procedure performed worldwide, with over 15 million root canals performed each year in the United States alone.
What Is Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal therapy is a procedure that removes infected or damaged pulp from the inside of a tooth. The pulp is the soft tissue that contains blood vessels, nerves, and other cells that help the tooth grow and develop. When the pulp becomes infected or damaged, it can cause pain, swelling, and other problems. Root canal therapy can help to relieve these symptoms and save the tooth from extraction.
When Is Root Canal Therapy Needed?
There are many reasons why a person might need root canal therapy, including:
- Deep decay: When decay reaches the tooth’s pulp, it can cause infection.
- Cracked or chipped tooth: A crack or chip in the tooth can allow bacteria to enter the pulp and cause infection.
- Repeated dental procedures: Repeated dental procedures on the same tooth can damage the pulp.
- Injury: Injury to the tooth can also damage the pulp.
What Does Root Canal Therapy Involve?
Root canal therapy is typically performed in two or three appointments. During the first appointment, the dentist will numb the area around the tooth and then drill a small hole in the tooth to access the pulp chamber. The dentist will then use special tools to remove the infected or damaged pulp. Once the pulp has been removed, the dentist will clean and disinfect the tooth canal.
During the second appointment, the dentist will fill the tooth canal with a rubber-like material called gutta-percha. The dentist may also place a crown on the tooth to protect it and restore its function.
What Are The Benefits Of Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal therapy offers a number of benefits, including:
- Saves the tooth: Root canal therapy can save a tooth that would otherwise need to be extracted.
- Relieves pain: Root canal therapy can help alleviate pain caused by an infected or damaged tooth.
- Improves oral health: Keeping a tooth in the mouth is important for oral health. Teeth help to chew food, speak properly, and support the facial structure.
- Prevents further problems: If an infected or damaged tooth is not treated, the infection can spread to other teeth and bones in the mouth. This can lead to more serious problems, such as tooth loss, bone loss, and abscesses.
Is Root Canal Therapy Painful?
Root canal therapy is not typically painful. The dentist will use anesthesia to numb the area around the tooth before and during the procedure. Some people may experience mild discomfort after the procedure, but this can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication.
How Much Does Root Canal Therapy Cost?
The cost of root canal therapy varies depending on a number of factors, such as the location of the tooth, the complexity of the procedure, and the dentist’s fees. However, root canal therapy is typically less expensive than extracting a tooth and replacing it with a dental implant.
Why Choose Royal Chiropractic and Dental Centers?
- We offer a wide range of dental and chiropractic services in one convenient location.
- Our team of experienced and compassionate professionals is dedicated to providing our patients with the highest quality care.
- We use the latest technology and techniques to ensure our patients receive the best possible results.
- We offer various payment options to make dental care affordable for everyone.
Royal Chiropractic and Dental Centers is a one-stop shop for all dental and chiropractic needs. We offer many services to help you achieve and maintain optimal oral and physical health.
Our chiropractors are experts in diagnosing and treating a variety of musculoskeletal conditions, including:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Sports injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
We use various chiropractic techniques to relieve pain, improve range of motion, and restore function. We also offer a variety of educational and support resources to help you stay healthy and active.
Our dentists offer a wide range of dental services, including:
- Preventive care (cleanings, checkups, and X-rays)
- Restorative care (fillings, crowns, bridges, and dentures)
- Cosmetic dentistry (veneers, teeth whitening, and bonding)
- Orthodontics (braces and Invisalign)
- Endodontics (root canal therapy)
- Oral surgery (extractions, implants, and bone grafting)
Root Canal Therapy: Save Your Tooth, Save Your Smile
Root canal therapy is a safe and effective way to save a damaged tooth. If you’re experiencing pain or other problems with a tooth, be sure to see your dentist right away. Root canal therapy near you can help you to relieve your symptoms and maintain good oral health. If you are looking for a comprehensive dental and chiropractic clinic, Royal Chiropractic and Dental Centers is the perfect choice for you. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!